Connect Interiors is the region’s premier certified Women Owned Steelcase Inc. dealership, providing commercial furniture by creating spaces that are engaging, inspiring, and perfectly tailored to our clients’ needs and goals. Our clients range from small business owners to large corporations in healthcare, education, sports arenas and hospitality environments. A comprehensive menu of services includes space planning, order management, project management, installation, and facility management.
At Connect Interiors, we are passionate about providing world-class workspaces. Having built our business on personal relationships and best practices, we continue to grow on that solid foundation every day.
The Accounting Manager is the primary resource for all accounting and finance responsibilities at Connect Interiors, including billing and collections, vendor payables, payroll and accounting. They are a key partner with Connect leadership in ensuring accurate, complete and timely client invoicing and collections, vendor maintenance and payments, payroll processing and financial reporting.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the day-to-day accounting functions.
- Accounts Payable: set up and pay vendors
- Accounts Receivable: set up and invoice customers; collections processes
- Cash Management: record cash activities in financial application
- Payroll and Expense Report Processes
- Contract Reviews
- Financial Reporting & Management
- Preparation of monthly financial statements:
- Account Reconciliations for income statement and balance sheet
- Manage Fixed Assets with outside accounting firm
- Preparation of annual budgets
- Commission calculations
- Finance partner to Leadership, including assisting leadership team in developing financial acumen related to budgeting and financial reporting
- Compliance and Administration: Recommends, reviews, and monitors compliance with financial policies, procedures, and controls.
- Employee credit card program
- Credit applications
- Manage certificates of insurance and bank compliance
- Periodic industry reporting
- Audits – worker comp, insurance, financial
- Sales tax Compliance
- Execution Management: Works quickly to get things done; uses resources effectively; detail oriented and high level of accuracy. Owns execution of tasks and demonstrates excellent follow through. Drives for Results and fosters a sense of urgency.
- Excellent analytical and strategic problem-solving skills: highly developed understanding of company’s strategic direction and ability to interpret and communicate senior management direction. Clearly defines, gathers, analyzes and focuses on the most relevant information to solve problems
- Communicates/Collaborates Effectively: Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to tailor message across a variety of audiences. Works effectively with others to meet goals and satisfy multiple business objectives. Confronts difficult issues despite personal risk or discomfort. Earns confidence of external and internal partners as well as senior management; creates an environment of respect and trust; and demonstrates integrity.
- Resilient and Adaptable– open to new experiences to develop skills and ability to work in a fast paced, continuously evolving role. Ability to perform detailed tasks to meet operational requirements, as well as hold more strategic and operational duties in analysis of financial statements and discussions with leadership
- Demonstrates Accountability: Strong self discipline and motivation. Shows initiative, takes responsibility for work and actions, high level of integrity.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- 4-year college degree and/or equivalent experience (Finance, Accounting degree preferred)
- 3 years’ experience directly applicable to role outlined
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Furniture industry experience a plus
- Experience with proprietary software – Hedberg
- 5 years’ experience directly applicable to role outlined
Employees are responsible, as a condition of hire and continued employment, for following all prescribed safety rules and procedures to prevent workplace injuries. All employees are expected to cooperate in every aspect of the company’s safety program and follow safe work practices.
While this job description accurately represents the current primary duties of the role, functions may be adapted as necessary to meet business need.
Connect Interiors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Connect Interiors complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.