Connect Interiors is the region’s premier Women Owned Steelcase Inc. dealership, providing commercial furniture by creating spaces that are engaging, inspiring, and perfectly tailored to our clients’ needs and goals. Our clients range from small business owners to large corporations in healthcare, education, sports arenas and hospitality environments. A comprehensive menu of services includes space planning, order management, project management, installation and facility management.
At Connect Interiors, we are passionate about providing world-class workspaces. Having built our business on personal relationships and best practices, we continue to grow on that solid foundation every day.
The Interior Design Intern will learn about commercial design in a dealership environment. The Interior Design Intern works closely with the design and sales teams to develop their design skills and gain experience working with clients to create meaningful and thoughtful on-brand product application solutions that solve client needs. As part of the design team, the Interior Designer may also be involved in market segments including but not limited to corporate, education, government, and healthcare. Project scopes may range from small, single office layout to large, complex reconfigure projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate with other design team members in an integrated design process for various projects
- Learn to use primary design tools such as, REVIT/AutoCAD and CET
- To assist design team with projects including order samples, pulling together finish options, drawings, finish boards, etc.
- Assist in site visits to prepare for installs, measure for projects
- Research product solutions including pricing
- Ability to manage short-term deadlines and multiple projects
- Keeping the library samples, binders and boxes up to date and easy to reference
- Continuous Learning: Self-directed, learns and advances from experiences and feedback, stays informed of design trends, products and applications
- Communication: Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Able to discuss design issues and insights in client facing situations. Strong interpersonal skills; develops and maintains positive relationships internally and externally; strong customer advocate. Strong team player; achieves buy-in from key internal & external stakeholders.
- Execution Management: Works quickly to get things done; uses resources effectively; detail oriented and high level of accuracy. Owns execution of tasks and demonstrates excellent follow through. Proficient at executing all phases of the design process including, programming, schematic design, design development and design intent drawings. Drives for Results and fosters a sense of urgency.
- Application Excellence: Proficient at developing creative product applications using products from primary vendors aligned with Connect Interiors.
- Strategic Problem Solving: Ability to generate new ideas that add value.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Working towards a 4-year Interior Design or Interior Architecture degree or balance of Associate Degree
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite
Employees are responsible, as a condition of hire and continued employment, for following all prescribed safety rules and procedures to prevent workplace injuries. All employees are expected to cooperate in every aspect of the company’s safety program and follow safe work practices.
While this job description accurately represents the current primary duties of the role, functions may be adapted as necessary to meet business need.
Connect Interiors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Connect Interiors complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.