Connect Interiors is the region’s premier Women Owned Steelcase Inc. dealership, providing commercial furniture by creating spaces that are engaging, inspiring, and perfectly tailored to our clients’ needs and goals. Our clients range from small business owners to large corporations in healthcare, education, sports arenas and hospitality environments. A comprehensive menu of services includes space planning, order management, project management, installation and facility management.
At Connect Interiors, we are passionate about providing world-class workspaces. Having built our business on personal relationships and best practices, we continue to grow on that solid foundation every day.
The Interior Designer is responsible for providing design support and consulting on projects for our clients. This position would require translating Steelcase research and insights into meaningful and thoughtful on-brand product application solutions that solve client needs. They provide and create spaces that are engaging, inspiring and perfectly tailored to our clients’ needs and goals. As part of the design team, the Interior Designer may also be involved in market segments including but not limited to corporate, education, government, and healthcare. Project scopes may range from small, single office layout to large, complex reconfigure projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist or act as lead designer on assigned projects
- Collaborate with sales teams and clients to gather project information and develop creative and functional design solutions that meet the clients’ requirements, aesthetic and budget.
- Able to design/space plan and specify creative solutions to proactively impact the sales process.
- Able to take abstract information and apply Steelcase insights/learnings in a way that yields creative/thoughtful applications.
- Using an in-depth knowledge of design trends, product, applications and code requirements act as a trusted design advisor to sales consultants and clients.
- Foster client relationships through design knowledge, continual support and flawless execution.
- Participate in team selling approach.
- Provide continual support to clients for moves, additions and changes to their existing workplace.
- Create computer-generated design documents including design intent drawings, space plans, furniture typicals, furniture plans, installation documents and rendered images to communicate and document design solutions, ensuring efficient and accurate installation results.
- Perform field measures, product inventory, and product research.
- Produce furniture block plans, space plans, finish palettes, furniture specifications, and installation drawings.
- Prepare accurate furniture specifications for quoting and ordering process.
- Participate in responses to bid and RFP’s.
- Meet project deadlines and maintain accurate internal reporting systems including, but not limited to, time sheets, design log, project files, and project schedules.
- Other duties as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
- Continuous Learning: Self-directed, learns and advances from experiences and feedback, stays informed of design trends, products and applications
- Communication: Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Able to discuss design issues and insights in client facing situations. Strong interpersonal skills; develops and maintains positive relationships internally and externally; strong customer advocate. Strong team player; achieves buy-in from key internal & external stakeholders.
- Execution Management: Works quickly to get things done; uses resources effectively; detail oriented and high level of accuracy. Owns execution of tasks and demonstrates excellent follow through. Proficient at executing all phases of the design process including, programming, schematic design, design development and design intent drawings. Drives for Results and fosters a sense of urgency.
- Application Excellence: Proficient at developing creative product applications using products from primary vendors aligned with Connect Interiors.
- Strategic Problem Solving: Ability to generate new ideas that add value.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- 4-year Interior Design or Interior Architecture degree or balance of Associate Degree and applicable experience
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite
- NCIDQ certification
- Industry or furniture dealership experience
- CET Designer Software experience
Employees are responsible, as a condition of hire and continued employment, for following all prescribed safety rules and procedures to prevent workplace injuries. All employees are expected to cooperate in every aspect of the company’s safety program and follow safe work practices.
While this job description accurately represents the current primary duties of the role, functions may be adapted as necessary to meet business need.
Connect Interiors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Connect Interiors complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.