Connect Interiors is the region’s premier Women Owned Steelcase Inc. dealership, providing commercial furniture by creating spaces that are engaging, inspiring, and perfectly tailored to our clients’ needs and goals. Our clients range from small business owners to large corporations in healthcare, education, sports arenas and hospitality environments. A comprehensive menu of services includes space planning, order management, project management, installation and facility management.
At Connect Interiors, we are passionate about providing world-class workspaces. Having built our business on personal relationships and best practices, we continue to grow on that solid foundation every day.
Project Coordinator is responsible for providing sales support for multiple large and small scale clients. Coordinate and manage client daily orders and projects beginning with proposals/quotes through the project installation. Utilize the Hedberg Order System to enter quotes and orders with a high level of accuracy. Consistently communicate on-going order status, progress and issues with team and client. Respond timely and accurately to clients’ daily requests for service and questions. Act as a resource to the team, gathering information, solving problems, and communicating with the Project Team, vendors, Service Provider and other internal and external partners.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accurately create quotes and orders for clients for standard and non-standard client requests.
- Gather lead times from vendors and collaborate with Sales so that they can communicate expectations with the client.
- Coordinate and manage client orders. Communicate status to client and Team.
- Review vendor acknowledgments to Connect Interiors orders. Identify and resolve discrepancies to ensure accurate and timely receipt of client product.
- Monitor and expedite just-in-time shipping dates to meet client requirements. Interface with vendors and shippers to resolve problems.
- Utilize Hedberg Order System to monitor and manage orders including Dashboard and Internal Status Reports.
- Consistently communicate on-going order status, progress and issues with Team and client. Prepare and update customer order status reports based on client request or requirements.
- Investigate to resolve vendor and client invoice discrepancies in order to ensure the receipt of timely customer payments. Submit client invoices per client requirements if applicable.
- Partner with Project Team to document, research and resolve delivery and installation punch list issues. Enter orders for parts and product required.
- Enter quote and service requests for labor in Hedberg.
- Facilitate a timely response to clients’ daily product and service requests accurately. Take partners as appropriate.
- Assist Sales Team with bid and request for proposal responses, close-outs and submittals. Continually develop key product knowledge as needed to assist in this process.
- Process client credit card payments for orders.
- Act as a resource to the project team, gathering information, solving problems and communicating with vendors and other teams.
- Participate in project meetings as required based on size, scope and complexity.
- Train and mentor new team members on Connect Interiors processes and Hedberg.
- Assist with administrative duties including front desk and concierge back-up coverage.
- Act as a resource for corporate initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Execution Management: Works quickly to get things done; uses resources effectively; detail oriented and high level of accuracy. Owns execution of tasks and demonstrates excellent follow through. Drives for results and fosters a sense of urgency.
- Strategizes and Problem Solves: Problem solving orientation; critical thinking skills; understands how their work relates to the whole; generates new ideas that add value; ability to seek out appropriate information to make effective decisions.
- Resilient and Adaptable: Open to new experiences to develop skills and ability to work in a fast paced, continuously evolving role.
- Communicates/Collaborates Effectively: Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to tailor message across a variety of audiences. Strong interpersonal skills; develops and maintains positive relationships internally and externally. Strong team player.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma and applicable job experience
- Ability to work overtime when necessary
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong computer skills with the ability to navigate multiple online platforms
- 4 year degree or applicable job experience
- 2+ years experience in client support role
- Commercial furniture industry experience
- Experience with Hedberg business system
Employees are responsible, as a condition of hire and continued employment, for following all prescribed safety rules and procedures to prevent workplace injuries. All employees are expected to cooperate in every aspect of the company’s safety program and follow safe work practices.
While this job description accurately represents the current primary duties of the role, functions may be adapted as necessary to meet business need.
Connect Interiors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Connect Interiors complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.