Connect Interiors is the region’s premier certified Women Owned Steelcase Inc. dealership, providing commercial furniture by creating spaces that are engaging, inspiring, and perfectly tailored to our clients’ needs and goals. Our clients range from small business owners to large corporations in healthcare, education, sports arenas and hospitality environments. A comprehensive menu of services includes space planning, order management, project management, installation and facility management.
At Connect Interiors, we are passionate about providing world-class workspaces. Having built our business on personal relationships and best practices, we continue to grow on that solid foundation every day.
This sales professional position will be responsible for achieving sales results and creating new business opportunities within the Strategic Alliances communities with focus on targeted and assigned firms.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must have demonstrated sales ability with a sustained record of sales achievement.
- Able to generate and identify new business through the Strategic Alliance communities.
- Expected to build and maintain strategic relationships (present-term and long-term) with key audiences that drive value and leads within vertical markets.
- Develop market strategies and tactics to gain recognition in the marketplace as well as win new clients.
- Proactively present Connect capabilities, products and services solutions.
- Able to collaborate with Connect sales team to develop strategies that provide the best product solutions for the client.
- Prepares brand or product specific presentations for clients and ultimately lead our efforts related to getting new products specified with firms.
- Applies consultative selling skills to develop attractive value propositions for complex opportunities.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of current workplace issues and trends across multiple industries and can leverage these insights as a knowledge resource to help solve for specified business issues.
- Provides value to targeted and assigned firms by being insight led, interactive in approach, intentional with use of the designer’s time and seeking to provide moments of inspiration.
- Partner with Connect team to develop and implement the Connect Strategic Alliances event calendar.
- Communicate completely and in a timely manner with account teams and clients.
- Negotiate with prospective clients and vendors when appropriate.
- Able to collaborate with our major vendor Steelcase as well as other key vendors to align our go to market strategies.
- Communicates/Collaborates Effectively: Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to tailor message across a variety of audiences. Strong interpersonal skills; develops and maintains positive relationships internally and externally. Strong team player.
- Demonstrates Accountability: Strong self discipline and motivation. Shows initiative, takes responsibility for work and actions, high level of integrity.
- Strategizes and Problem Solves: Problem solving orientation; critical thinking skills; understands how their work relates to the whole; generates new ideas that add value; ability to seek out appropriate information to make effective decisions.
- Continuous Learner: Self-directed, learns and advances from experiences and feedback, stays informed of industry trends, products and applications.
- Demonstrates Courage: Appropriately challenges and debates; creates positive tension to drive success; takes risks and champions new ideas.
- Internal: Collaborate with all Connect departments to ensure smooth workflow and flawless execution.
- External: Engage with clients, vendors, strategic partners and other industry professionals to maintain a positive working relationship and ensure flawless execution.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (BA or BS Design and/or Architectural Degree and or Real-estate Experience strongly preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel outside of the office, including occasional overnight travel.
- Strong relationship building skills
- Furniture industry experience a plus
- Business to business sales skills
- Design experience
- Basic knowledge of Hedberg, CRM or other industry specific applications
- Negotiation skills
Employees are responsible, as a condition of hire and continued employment, for following all prescribed safety rules and procedures to prevent workplace injuries. All employees are expected to cooperate in every aspect of the company’s safety program and follow safe work practices.
While this job description accurately represents the current primary duties of the role, functions may be adapted as necessary to meet business need.
Connect Interiors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Connect Interiors complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.