Connect Interiors is the region’s premier Women Owned Steelcase Inc. dealership, providing commercial furniture by creating spaces that are engaging, inspiring, and perfectly tailored to our clients’ needs and goals. Our clients range from small business owners to large corporations in healthcare, education, sports arenas and hospitality environments. A comprehensive menu of services includes space planning, order management, project management, installation and facility management.
At Connect Interiors, we are passionate about providing world-class workspaces. Having built our business on personal relationships and best practices, we continue to grow on that solid foundation every day.
Our newly renovated facility provides an innovative, exciting work environment! We offer a full Benefits package including: Health Insurance, 401K Plan, Flex Plan, Life Insurance, Paid Vacation and Holidays; as well as competitive compensation.
The Installer is responsible for providing valuable support services and functioning to the installation team, ensuring customer satisfaction. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Unpack, install and move a variety of office furniture according to customer expectations.
- Understands installation techniques and installs according to specifications for office furniture and cubicle systems.
- Consistently moves furniture in the safest manner to ensure no damage occurs to the product, person, or building.
- Utilizes proper equipment to load and unload trucks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Keep work environments clean, clutter free and safe.
- Participate in coordinated projects to ensure timely completion and that all duties are carried out according to expectations.
- Effectively communicate project problems or status to onsite lead installer or installation manager.
- Demonstrate preparedness and teamwork daily including having tools ready and batteries charged at start of day, seeking additional tasks upon completion of assigned tasks, receive suggestions/cross-training from other installers in a positive manner.
- At the end of each day, clean and ready all vehicles, tools and equipment for the next day’s use. This includes but not limited to: unloading/loading vehicles, product, material handling equipment, tools, blankets and properly dispose of garbage.
- Daily maintenance of tools inventory including drill box and tool kit as well as replenishing consumables.
- Assist in completion of accurate paperwork, reports, time cards, and any customer forms as required.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Project a positive appearance of the company by conducting themselves as a guest in client buildings and acting appropriately, respect other employees and clients, and promote a safe work environment through active participation in company-sponsored programs.
- Assist in warehouse as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with members at all levels in a team environment
- Read and understand floorplans, including dimensions and symbols.
- Install product efficiently without error.
- Provide exceptional customer service when communicating with clients.
- Work in a safe manner to eliminate injury and damage.
- Demonstrate correct usage of small hand tools.
- Must be able to lift occasional 40 pounds and push/pull 100+ pounds with assistance.
- Ability to perform physical movements, including but not limited to twisting, stooping/bending, squatting, kneeling, crawling and climbing stairs.
- Flexibility to work at different job sites.
- Valid state issued driver’s license
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience installing office furniture
- Has ability to drive or learn to comfortably and safely drive 26’ straight or cube truck, maintains good driving record, and follows all DOT rules and regulations.
Employees are responsible, as a condition of hire and continued employment, for following all prescribed safety rules and procedures to prevent workplace injuries. All employees are expected to cooperate in every aspect of the company’s safety program and follow safe work practices.
While this job description accurately represents the current primary duties of the role, functions may be adapted as necessary to meet business need.
Connect Interiors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Connect Interiors complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.