Connect Interiors is the region’s premier certified Women Owned Steelcase Inc. dealership, providing commercial furniture by creating spaces that are engaging, inspiring, and perfectly tailored to our clients’ needs and goals. Our clients range from small business owners to large corporations in healthcare, education, sports arenas and hospitality environments. A comprehensive menu of services includes space planning, order management, project management, installation, and facility management.
At Connect Interiors, we are passionate about providing world-class workspaces. Having built our business on personal relationships and best practices, we continue to grow on that solid foundation every day.
A Workplace Consultant is responsible for identifying and building relationships in the assigned market that result in new business opportunities while managing all the sales and relationship requirements for existing clients. Develop and present innovative office interior solutions that support our purpose of enlightening organization to the connection between people, purpose and place. Provide the leadership for a high-performing team to continuously delivery against agreed upon expectations, which includes flawless execution, maximizing productivity and utilizing resources to exceed our clients’ expectations. Own the client relationship assuring that all client interactions result in a win for the client, Connect Interiors and the team.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attain, develop and execute a planned approach to targeting and successfully winning specific new accounts.
- Optimize client relationships by executing against a defined account plan for existing accounts. Create the action and strategy plans including associated timelines and cost/benefit analysis.
- Plan and present an executive summary of activities, sales history and value adds during annual client reviews or more frequently if desired by the client.
- Drive for financial results related to achieving annual financial plan targets. Continually update and utilize CRM system. Provides timely and accurate sales forecasts.
- Develop and present Connect Interiors capabilities, new product portfolios, innovative solutions and service offerings. Utilize the collaborative value of the Connect Interiors team in ways that ensure all sales tools, strategies, design/space considerations will be brought to the client thus delivering successful outcomes.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending company and vendor sponsored educational and product workshops; reviewing professional publications; participate with at least 1 network/lead group on a regular basis; attend and participate in community events.
- Coordinate the process, quality and content of all client bids and requests for proposals.
- Facilitate client requests for pricing, specifications, information and other service requirements. This can involve providing quotes, determining gross profits, negotiating pricing and terms, cost/benefit analysis, reviewing finishes and options.
- Engage team to successfully execute project by conducting key meetings, clearly establishing roles and responsibilities and working with the team to develop and execute solutions.
- Keep management informed by submitting planning reports, forecasts and project updates.
- Communicate completely and in a timely manner with account teams and clients. This can include communication of critical project information to all affected team members, coordinating order placement and supplier negotiations, conducting pre-install meetings through the client walk through and punch list resolution.
- Communicates/Collaborates Effectively: Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to tailor message across a variety of audiences. Strong interpersonal skills; develops and maintains positive relationships internally and externally. Strong team player.
- Demonstrates Accountability: Strong self discipline and motivation. Shows initiative, takes responsibility for work and actions, high level of integrity.
- Strategizes and Problem Solves: Problem solving orientation; critical thinking skills; understands how their work relates to the whole; generates new ideas that add value; ability to seek out appropriate information to make effective decisions.
- Excellent analytical and strategic problem-solving skills: highly developed understanding of company’s strategic direction and ability to interpret and communicate senior management direction. Clearly defines, gathers, analyzes and focuses on the most relevant information. Synthesizes complex information.
- Continuous Learner: Self-directed, learns and advances from experiences and feedback, stays informed of industry trends, products and applications
- Execution Management: Works quickly to get things done; uses resources effectively; detail oriented and high level of accuracy. Owns execution of tasks and demonstrates excellent follow through. Drives for Results and fosters a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates Courage: Appropriately challenges and debates; creates positive tension to drive success; takes risks and champions new ideas.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- 4 year college degree or applicable job experience
- 3 years of general sales experience
- Achievements in developing account relations and strategic selling
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, social networks, Internet
- Office furniture industry knowledge
- One to two years of related work experience: commercial office furniture, architecture & interior design, commercial real estate, construction, marketing
- Experience utilizing CRM software or other industry specific applications
- Business to business sales skills
Employees are responsible, as a condition of hire and continued employment, for following all prescribed safety rules and procedures to prevent workplace injuries. All employees are expected to cooperate in every aspect of the company’s safety program and follow safe work practices.
While this job description accurately represents the current primary duties of the role, functions may be adapted as necessary to meet business need.
Connect Interiors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Connect Interiors complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.